How Do We Help?
- UMAN provides clients with a single point of entry for assistance, thus minimizing the possibility of abuse.
- UMAN responds to requests by verifying information with landlords, utility companies and Montgomery County Emergency Services.
- UMAN addresses the appropriateness of providing funds, and assists the client in prioritizing needs and accessing available resources. Grants for assistance are paid directly to landlords or utility companies.
- Clients are also referred to financial counseling and to government and private agencies for long-term solutions to their problems.
- UMAN provides all services in English and Spanish.
Whom Do We Help?
UMAN helps families and individuals who live in the areas of Gaithersburg, Germantown and Derwood and are facing eviction, foreclosure or utility disconnection. UMAN helps all people regardless of race, religion, sex, age or national origin.